"I have never regretted my decision. I feel much happier because I enjoy what I study."

     Dineo Sithole, switched from International Taxation and Law to International Relations

Do you actually enjoy studying but are not really sure about the subject or the university?

You may have chosen a subject that does not really suit you and your interests and skills. Or you could be at the wrong university because you don’t feel comfortable there or the university doesn’t have the right specialisation. In these cases you should think about whether a change of subject or university would be an option for you.

It is also possible for international students to switch degree programmes or the university. However, this requires the approval of the Immigration Office. This is generally not a problem within the first three semesters. If, however you have been studying for some time, the Immigration Office will check more closely whether you can complete your studies within a certain time frame.